Battlefield 2042 PS4 marks the return to the iconic all-out warfare of the franchise. Adapt and overcome dynamically changing battlegrounds with the help of your squad and a cutting-edge arsenal. With support for 128 players, prepare for unprecedented scale on vast environments. Take on massive experiences, from updated multiplayer modes like Conquest and Breakthrough to the all-new Hazard Zone.
Welcome to 2042
Battlefields changing before your eyes. A cutting-edge arsenal at your disposal. The grand return of all-out warfare. Adapt and overcome in massive-scale 128 player battles where dynamic storms, environmental hazards, total combat freedom, and Battlefield’s signature destruction spark a new breed of Only in Battlefield PS4 moments.
Game modes in Battlefield 2042 PS4
- All-Out Warfare. Iconic modes Conquest and Breakthrough return in Battlefield 2042, and with 128 players, they’re grander and more fun than ever.
- Battlefield Portal. Change the rules of war and discover unexpected battles across the wide universe of Battlefield. Replay the reimagined classics Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 – or deploy on these timeless maps with the modern arsenal and content of Battlefield 2042 PS4.
- Battlefield Hazard Zone. Squad up and drop down into the Hazard Zone – an all-new, high-stakes multiplayer experience. Stay tuned for more information coming later in the year.
Conquest and Breakthrough have never looked or played better than in Battlefield 2042. Battle across land, air, and sea in frantic 128-player* fights.
- Conquest. Battlefield’s massive, iconic sandbox mode returns – this time supporting 128 players on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC. The maps have been specifically designed for this vast scale, with action divided into “clusters” of various kinds. Also, the action now centres around sectors consisting of several flags instead of individual control points.
- Breakthrough. The return of Breakthrough sees two teams – Attackers and Defenders – battle over larger-scale sectors as the Attackers push towards the final objective. Each sector is designed to house a larger number of players, enabling more strategic choice and more flanking opportunities. Approach the capture areas from multiple locations and take advantage of more types of tactical possibilities.
Change the rules of war and discover unexpected battles across the wide universe of Battlefield. Replay the reimagined classics Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 – or deploy on these timeless maps with the modern arsenal and content of Battlefield 2042.
- Change the rules of war. Battlefield Portal is a platform where you will discover unexpected battles and change the rules of war. Countless experiences from several Battlefield PS4 sandboxes await – not only from Battlefield 2042, but the classics Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3, too. Take on custom-made modes or create your own unique experience using powerful builder tools.
- The Builder. Leverage the complete Battlefield toybox with powerful tools to create new and completely unique Battlefield experiences. Tweak basic settings like weapons and maps – or go deep in the editor to tinker with the details.
- Community experiences. Find a Battlefield Portal experience that’s right for you by browsing a rotating series of featured games, or a wide variety of games built by the community.
Your sandbox, your rules
- Imagine the assault rifles and helis of Battlefield 2042 on the Battlefield 1942 map Battle of the Bulge. Or perhaps a knife vs. defib fight on Caspian Border? Battlefield Portal’s inclusion of classic Battlefield universes opens up hugely creative gameplay opportunities. All of the cutting-edge gear and vast maps of Battlefield 2042 can be brought into Battlefield Portal, which allows you to wreak havoc in exciting new ways.
- The Maps. We’re bringing back fan-favourite maps and providing them with modern, hi-def quality. Classic battlefields have been rebuilt from the ground up using the latest version of the Frostbite engine. The iconic maps Arica Harbor, El Alamein, Battle of the Bulge, Valparaiso, Caspian Border, and Noshahr Canals will feel brand new thanks to their striking, reworked visuals and destructive effects.
- The Arsenal. You have the freedom to decide what cutting-edge arsenal of weapons, equipment, and vehicles you’ll use to win the day. Special care has been taken to let you balance weapons and vehicles as you see fit. For instance, modern guns don’t necessarily have to be stronger than WW2 weapons.
- Weapons. Wield classic firearms from classic Battlefield games – including the Panzerschreck, M1 Garand, G3, M60 and M416.
- Vehicles. Traverse the battlefields with iconic vehicles like the Spitfire, Tiger 1, Quad Bike, VDV Buggy, Little Bird and many more.
- Gear, Landmines, mortars, C4 charges, defibs, radio beacons … A multitude of war tools across Battlefield eras are at your disposal.
- Shared progression. Earn XP no matter how you play. Progression is shared in Battlefield 2042 and modes in the Battlefield Portal, which means you’re constantly feeding your rank and Battle Pass.
Battlefield 2042 PS4 Hazard Zone
A tense, squad-focused survival experience, Battlefield Hazard Zone combines edge-of-your-seat gameplay with the best of the Battlefield sandbox.
How it works
Inserted as a four-member squad, you must locate and retrieve critical Data Drives scattered throughout the battlefield, while fighting opposing squads with the same objective and Occupying Forces. Succeed by gathering the Data Drives and choosing when to extract before a storm overtakes the area in this high-stakes, one-life experience. Every bullet, every skirmish, and every decision counts.
- Specialist Selection. Every decision in Hazard Zone counts, and that starts with the Specialists you and your squad choose to take into battle. Balance your squad and skills carefully before you deploy. Choose your role on the battlefield and form custom-made squads through the new Specialist system. Based on Battlefield’s four Classes, Specialists have one unique Specialty and Trait – but the rest of the loadout is fully customisable. Choosing and equipping your Specialist allows you to build synergies within your squad and empower yourself to take on any battle situation.
- Weapons & Equipment. Even the best squad needs the right tools to get the job done – and Hazard Zone is no different. Choosing wisely at this stage can make the difference between success and failure.
- This is where you can give yourself an edge. Spend your Dark Market Credits to make sure you and your squad have the optimal weapon loadouts and Tactical Upgrades before combat even begins.
- Insert. You’ve selected your Specialists, weapons, equipment, and upgrades – now it’s time for your squad to deploy on all 7 Battlefield 2042 maps and see just how prepared you really are. The maps in Battlefield 2042 allow for all-new gameplay experiences, with unprecedented scale and choices in gameplay. With the introduction of 128 players, each map is designed with multiple distinct combat areas that directly impacts strategy for you and your squad. With Battlefield Portal, you can rediscover classics maps of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 – or change the rules of war by adding a modern twist using content from Battlefield 2042.
- Retrieve. You and your squad insert with one mission – securing the capsules and retrieving the Data Drives inside. Watch out for rival squads with the same objective and Occupying Forces who will guard the contents with their lives.
- Extract. Retrieving the Data Drives is one thing, holding onto them long enough to make it to extraction is another. Two extraction windows are available per match at randomised locations – it’ll take all of your skills, tactical planning, and maybe a little luck to make it out alive.
- Rewards. With great risks comes great rewards, and Hazard Zone offers plenty of both. The more intel you gather, the more XP and Dark Market Credits you earn. The latter means better equipment for you and your squad in the next match.
Additional mode features
- Uplinks. Give your squad an edge in battle with Uplinks – laptops scattered throughout the map that are collectable and able to be used whenever you might need a little extra support. Three types of Uplinks will be available at launch: Vehicle, Ranger, and Reinforcement Uplinks.
- Reinforcement Uplinks. Specific Uplinks can bring back downed squad mates. These Reinforcement Uplinks can be collected and then used at any time, just deploy from your call-in tablet and wait for the timer to countdown, then all your downed squadmates will parachute back to the fight.
The Story – Battlefield 2042 PS4
In the chaos of 2042, the most dangerous weapon of all is intel. War appears to have broken out between the US and Russia. But are these superpowers really the key players in the conflict, or are there other forces hiding behind the scenes, pulling their strings?
Journalist Mitahli Reed uncovers leaked audio from a battle in the German town of Görlitz, sitting on the Polish border. In a shocking expose, she reveals things are not all they seem among the hazard zones.
As the world stands on the brink of war, a new kind of stateless soldier emerges from the greatest crisis in human history. How did we get here?
A decade of chaos
- 2031. Ten years is all it took to bring the world to the brink. Rising sea levels, collapsing economies, broken alliances, and the headlines keep rolling in…
- October 9th, 2033. “Hurricane Zeta. The world’s first category 6 storm.”
- Jan 11th, 2034. “Global food, fuel shortages spark Second Great Depression.”
- August 8th, 2035. “European Union officially disbands following Germany’s collapse.”
The rise of the No-Pats
Left behind, the displaced band together into ragtag fleets in search of safe harbour. They are families, farmers, doctors, engineers, and soldiers … the once privileged and the impoverished with backgrounds that are worlds apart, forced together, determined to survive.
The media calls them the Non-Patriated. They call themselves… No-Pats.
The new normal in Battlefield 2042 PS4
2037: Humanity adapts to the new normal. Revolutions in energy, desert irrigation, hydraulic levees, and sea walls save coastal cities, reclaim farmland, and rebuild supply chains. Hope of finding stability leads to some nations re-opening their borders.
However, with no way to repatriate 1.2 billion people, No-Pats become a permanent fixture in all economic, military, and social policy making. Many No-Pats are still distrustful of the governments that exiled them and refuse calls to reassimilate. No-Pat leaders emerge, inspiring a new identity unbound to former nationality, drawing a line in the sand between the Old World and The New Normal. #WeAreNoPats becomes a rallying cry.
Amidst the world rebuilding, sparks of friction erupt between the US and Russia, as the last two superpowers both vie for control of this fast-changing world.
The blackout of 2040
2040: A sudden space debris storm creates a “Kessler Effect” causing 70%+ of all orbiting satellites to malfunction and crash to Earth. The cause is unknown.
The subsequent blackout causes mass devastation. Planes crash. Communication grids collapse. Already jammed global supply chains come to a stand-still. Prices of oil, grain, coal skyrocket exponentially. Unsubstantiated claims report over 100,000 lives are lost.
A world on the brink, goes over the edge. No internet. No navigation. No surveillance. No storm forecasts.
Geopolitical distrust surges overnight. No one can spy on each other, so no one can trust each other. Both Russia and the US claim the other is responsible for the Blackout, while some suspect No-Pats were behind it and accuse them of trying to sow anarchy.
Former military and combat trained Specialists amongst the No-Pats rise up into armed Task Forces to defend themselves as tensions rise.
The brink of war
A food and fuel shortage ignites a shadow war between the US and Russia. To maintain plausible deniability, both sides field No-Pat Task Forces as proxies in escalating conflicts over resources – promising the refugees a piece of what’s left.
2042: Open war is imminent. No-Pats have no choice but to choose sides, fighting not for a flag, but for their future.
Their War is Your Story.
Click here to see more.
Please note, an internet connection and Playstation Plus may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the internet before you can play the game.
There are no reviews yet.