Resident Evil 4 is a remake of the 2005 original Resident Evil 4 reimagined for 2023 to bring state of the art survival horror. Resident Evil 4 preserves the essence of the original game, while introducing modernised gameplay, a reimagined storyline and vividly detailed graphics to make this the latest survival horror game where life and death, terror and catharsis intersect.
Survival is just the beginning!
Resident Evil 4 is a remake of the 2005 original Resident Evil 4.
Reimagined for 2023 to bring state-of-the-art survival horror.
Resident Evil 4 preserves the essence of the original game, while introducing modernized gameplay, a reimagined storyline, and vividly detailed graphics to make this the latest survival horror game where life and death, terror and catharsis intersect.
6 years have passed since the biological disaster in Raccoon City.
Leon S. Kennedy, one of the survivors of the incident, has been recruited as an agent reporting directly to the president of the United States.
With the experience of multiple missions on his back, Leon is sent to rescue the president’s kidnapped daughter.
He tracks her to a secluded European village, where there is something terribly wrong with the villagers.
And the curtain rises on this story of daring rescue and grueling horror.
Tear a path through the horrors around you with firearms, hand-to-hand follow-up attacks, the newly-added knife parry, and other actions at your disposal. Smart tactics, wise item management, and strategic weapon upgrades will help ensure your survival.
- Third Person View. The Third Person View camera perspective returns from the original Resident Evil 4. Updated graphics enhance the original game’s feeling of isolation and its haunting environments, while refined modern controls emphasize how Leon’s survival balances on a knife’s edge with intense gameplay.
- Ranged Combat. Aim and shoot from Third Person View. Aim well and pick your targets carefully to conserve ammo. Make your foes falter by shooting at their heads and legs to open them up for a melee attack, and deal punishing blows without consuming ammo.
- Knife Actions. In addition to attacking, you can now parry attacks and finish off fallen foes with your knife. Any knife action, however, will reduce its durability. Only use it when you really need to. It’s best to save it for dire circumstances or you might be caught without a way to defend yourself.
- Attaché Case. Carry weapons, ammo, healing herbs, and other useful items in the attaché case. Effectively managing your items in the limited space provided is key to survival.
- Crafting. Along with combining herbs, you can now craft ammo and other useful items. If your attaché case is getting full, crafting is a good way to free up some space.
- The Merchant. Buy weapons and items, upgrade weapons, or trade for special commodities at the Merchant’s shop. The Merchant can even repair broken knives.
- Trading. Items that cannot be purchased with regular money can be exchanged for gemstones instead.
Click here to see more.
Please note, an internet connection and Playstation Plus may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the internet before you can play the game.