Welcome to Yara, a tropical paradise frozen in time when Far Cry 6 Xbox Series X thrusts players into a modern-day guerrilla revolution. As dictator of Yara, Anton Castillo is intent on restoring his nation back to its former glory by any means, with his son, Diego, following in his bloody footsteps.
Play as a guerrilla fighting to liberate your island nation from a brutal tyrant portrayed by Giancarlo Esposito.
Far Cry 6 has been announced, revealing a Caribbean Island simmering with revolutionary tension. The Far Cry franchise has always had a flair for fascinating antagonists. Far Cry 6 will feature actor Giancarlo Esposito (“Better Call Saul,” “The Boys,” “The Mandalorian”) as President Anton Castillo.
The violent leader grips the island of Yara with an iron fist likewise promising a return to its former glory with an arsenal of weapons and allies, you’ll take on Castillo’s regime and fight for the future of Yara.
As Dani Rojas (playable as a female or male character), you will help stoke the fires of revolution through guerrilla warfare across the island of Yara, from verdant jungles to the urban streets of the capital city, Esperanza.
Also, you’ll use a powerful array of weapons and vehicles, and build a network of allies to fight alongside you, including Fangs for Hire like Chorizo, the dangerously distracting wiener dog.
As President Castillo prepares his son Diego, played by Anthony Gonzalez (“Coco”), to succeed him, you will do all you can to ensure his plans don’t come to fruition.
- Trust your leader. As Anton Castillo promises to restore the once-prosperous island nation of Yara, he is grooming his son, Diego, to become the next presidente.
- Beware the dictator. Anton plans to forge his paradise using any means necessary – even if it means sacrificing some of his own citizens.
- Guerrillas threaten the Capitol while the rebels seek to destroy all that Anton has rebuilt.
- Guerrillas struggle against the military and Brave Yaran rebels fight back to take down the brutal dictator.
- Meet Dani Rojas, a Yara native. Growing up in Yara, Dani has experienced the brutality of Anton’s rule first hand.
- Meet Dani Rojas, a guerrilla fighter. After barely escaping regime forces, Dani joins Libertad, a ragtag group of guerrilla fighters, to liberate their home from Anton’s grip and corrupt regime.
Gameplay in Far Cry 6 Xbox Series
- Become a guerrilla: Play Dani Rojas as male or female, and experience a compelling storyline that takes you from being a reluctant citizen to a leader fighting against Anton’s regime.
- All new fangs for hire: No guerrilla should go at it alone. Pair up with all-new animal companions like Chorizo, the adorable wiener dog no enemy soldier can ignore, and Guapo, Juan’s hungry pet crocodile.
- Power of an army: Employ an arsenal of devastating makeshift weapons to give Anton’s troops a taste of guerrilla ingenuity.
“When you’re looking at something as complex as an island that’s been essentially cut off from the rest of the world for 50 years. Therefore been in an economic downturn, electing this leader on the back of this idea of building a new paradise, the idea with Antón is he definitely lulled people into believing this was the only answer for them.
Khavari says that he was the one that was going to solve all their problems. And so for us, it became super-interesting on the character side of Far Cry 6 game on the platform to explore the idea of, you know, there definitely were some people that voted for him, that believed in him, that now are regretting that choice; and there are those that still support him.
The intersection of those demographics and worldviews and opinions is something that plays out in the story as well.”
FAR CRY Xbox Series
Animal companions on Far Cry 6 Xbox Series X
- Chorizo: This adorable wiener dog is more dangerous than he appears. Chorizo can help distract enemies so you can take them down with stealth.
- Guapo: Though Guapo may look nice, he is still lethal. Use Guapo to ravage through the dictator’s forces and make a clear path to bring down Anton.
- Chicharon: This punk rooster has all the attitude and ferocity you need to take down Anton’s soldiers.
Far Cry 6 Xbox Series X Characters
- Dani. From forced Yaran army recruit to guerrilla leader. Become Dani Rojas and fight a corrupt regime to restore the island nation of Yara.
- Diego. A reluctant son who is also eager to please. Diego aims to follow the lessons passed down by his dictator father.
- Clara. With Yara’s liberation as her only goal, this fierce leader seeks to bring down Anton’s regime.
- Juan. With plenty of experience fighting against governments, this former KGB spymaster can give you the advantage with his arsenal of signature backpacks.
Click here for more on Far Cry 6 Xbox Series X.
Please note, an internet connection and Xbox Live Gold may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the internet before you can play the game.
There are no reviews yet.