WWE 2K19 arrives as the latest entry to the flagship WWE video game franchise and features cover Superstar AJ Styles. WWE 2K19 will showcase a massive roster of popular WWE Superstars, Legends and Hall of Famers, as well as NXT favourites. Experience authentic WWE gameplay, extensive creation options, engaging match types, fan-favourite modes and much more!
- Gameplay Improvements & Match Types: Featuring numerous gameplay improvements, WWE 2K19 includes a revamped striking system, improved AI and introduction of the Payback System, a multi-tiered and defensive-based gameplay mechanic used to help turn match momentum and add to in-ring drama. In addition, the game’s frame rate, overall responsiveness and animations are vastly improved and tighten up the in-ring action. WWE 2K19 also introduces five-person match type variations, a re-envisioned Hell in a Cell match and major improvements to both Steel Cage and Money in the Bank matches;
- Renewed Focus on Fun: More responsive gameplay, faster action, dynamic momentum swings, new moves and game modes – combined with deeper storytelling, plot twists and turns, alternate universes and much more – make for the most engaging WWE 2K game in years. In addition, two significant gameplay enhancements – Big Head and Block Body – add a whole new dimension and fun to the franchise;
- Showcase Mode: The Return of Daniel Bryan: Relive the incredible journey of WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan – from his career-defining moment in the main event of WrestleMania 30 to his heart-breaking retirement to his triumphant return in 2018 – all told through personal vignettes. “The Return of Daniel Bryan” features 11 historical matches, story-driven cut scenes and multiple unlockable characters and arenas from throughout his WWE career;
- Massive Playable Roster: Offering more than 200 playable characters, the WWE 2K19 roster is the biggest yet and loaded with WWE, NXT and 205 Live Superstars, as well as WWE Legends and Hall of Famers. Players can compete with current WWE Superstars such as AJ Styles, Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, Braun Strowman or Shinsuke Nakamura; rising NXT stars like Aleister Black, Johnny Gargano, Velveteen Dream and Undisputed Era; as well as WWE Legends like Stone Cold Steve Austin, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, André the Giant and more;
- MyCAREER: For the first time in WWE 2K history, MyCAREER mirrors the path of many current WWE Superstars by starting a created MyPLAYER on the independent wrestling scene and trying to make it to WWE. This year’s fully revamped experience features more than 1,000 lines of voiceover from 26 different WWE Superstars and across 200 cut scenes. In addition, the mode delivers approximately 12 hours of playing time, including brand new environments and arenas that bring another layer of authenticity to the mode;
- New Mode: WWE Towers: Take a WWE Superstar or created MyPLAYER into one of 20 different towers, each with a unique gauntlet of matches that boasts different challenges, match stipulations and player modifications;
- Creation Suite: Containing many new additions and improvements, the WWE 2K19 Creation Suite includes the new ability to design custom Money in the Bank briefcases, as well as changes in Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Arena, Create-a-Championship and more;
- Universe Mode: The mode continues its expansion on previous years, including improvements to the Championship system, where the number of championship slots per show has increased from four to six; the addition of Superstar Save Profiles; support for both Managers and Custom Matches; and new promo animations. In addition, players can now assign Money in the Bank matches to show schedules or create their own custom Money in the Bank scenarios;
- Soundtrack: Executive produced and personally curated by several WWE Superstars as a special gift to the WWE Universe, WWE 2K19’s soundtrack features 12 unique songs across hip-hop, hard rock, heavy metal and alternative/indie rock that represent many of the Superstars’ favorites when preparing for a match, on the road, in the gym or relaxing at home.
Please note, an internet connection and Playstation Plus may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the internet before you can play the game.