RPG and sequel to The Witcher 2 (2011), The Witcher 3 follows witcher Geralt of Rivia as he seeks out his former lover and his young subject while intermingling with the political workings of the wartorn Northern Kingdoms. Geralt has to fight monsters and deal with people of all sorts in order to solve complex problems and settle contentious disputes, each ranging from the personal to the world-changing.
A world to explore. At home and on the go
- A gripping dark fantasy epic. Become monster slayer Geralt of Rivia and take on the most important contract of your life – tracking down the Child of Prophecy, a living weapon that can alter the shape of the world.
- A world’s worth of adventure always at hand. Play one of the most critically acclaimed RPGs of all time at home or on the go and explore a war-torn, monster infested open-world full of places to see, characters to meet, and adventures to be had.
- Every piece of content in one place. Experience The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, two massive story expansions and all DLC — all available on a single game card or via digital download.
In the open world of Wild Hunt, you chart your own path to adventure. You play as a bounty hunter, a man of the road. You set your own goals and choose your own destinations. Go after the bounty on the head of a nasty monster pestering a village or help a scheming prince who needs a dirty job done – no matter what style of epic questing you crave, The Witcher will provide it.
- Exploration. The world of The Witcher beckons to be explored – just pick a point on the horizon and venture off into the unknown. You’ll have your trusty horse to call on whenever you need. Load it with trophies taken from the massive beasts you hunt down or gallop it into combat to crush those standing in your way. You’ll also go where no horse can follow, descending deep into sprawling caves, diving beneath the waves to gather sea herbs and search forgotten shipwrecks for long-lost treasure. You’ll sail your boat through storms, navigate past hostile sea monsters and along craggy, dangerous shores pounded by waves. This land is rich in mystery and adventure – traverse it any way you like.
- Inhabitants. This world is lively and full of colour, home to a broad mix of races, nations and social classes — everything from filth-covered elven beggars to the wealthiest of kings. As an outcast bounty hunter, you mix in all these circles, yet belong to none. In your search for information you’ll make unsavoury deals with criminals, attend balls with the high-born and listen to the heart-wrenching tales of war refugees. All around you will see signs of gross injustice, wartime atrocities and more — but it’s always up to you to either help or shrug and let the fires rage. The Continent is also a living, wild world: you’ll interact with animals both hostile and benign and witness a true ecosystem with natural checks and balances in action. And in this system, you’ll be the apex predator. Clear out the monsters infesting a region, or eradicate a nest to rid an area of the foul beasts it spawns, and watch residents return to rebuild their lives. In The Witcher, the world lives alongside you and resonates with your every action.
- Regions. In Wild Hunt you’ll visit the high streets and back alleys of Novigrad, a gilded metropolis with a rotten heart where all cultures and classes rub shoulders, face the frigid cold of the wind-swept Skellige Isles, and challenge the dark forces roaming the desolate, war-ravaged swamps of No Man’s Land. As you traverse distinct regions, you’ll feel and see the world change. You’ll hear the change on people’s lips, too: in Skellige battle-hardened marauders will shout boasts of their latest raids, in Novigrad rich and poor will gossip about executions and houses of pleasure, while in No Man’s Land, villagers will pray in hushed whispers to dark, ancient gods.
- Activities. Horse races, tavern brawls, card games – the inhabitants of the world of The Witcher know how to have a good time. Take a break from monster hunting just to join in the fun or to win some coin to further your goals. In a new twist to evenings by the fire, try your hand at gwent, a deep and rewarding game-within-a-game. Invented by dwarves and played for fun or money, this simple yet addictive pastime will have you sitting down for match after match and constantly thinking about how to bolster your deck.
Professional Monster Hunter
Witchers are mutants, men subjected to gruelling training and flesh-altering experiments that prepare them for one purpose: to kill monsters. Geralt was forged at the elite School of the Wolf and is considered one of the deadliest witchers ever trained. He possesses superhuman reflexes and strength, and his sword fighting skills are second to none.
- Mutations and skills. Witchers’ mutations endow them with incredible speed, reflexes and strength and enhance their senses, allowing them to see more, hear more, perceive more. With these augmented senses, Geralt can track a wyvern in the dark of night, follow the scent of weeks-old perfume and parry crossbow bolts whistling towards his back. Witcher’s Signs, another set of skills in Geralt’s repertoire, are powerful combat spells that take various forms, from protective barriers, through torrents of flame, to magic snares and more. Lastly there is Geralt’s wolf medallion, the symbol of his witcher school. This pendant hums to alert him of nearby magic and monsters — invaluable help to a monster hunter. Most of these skills can be developed for additional effects and increased potency, making Geralt an even more fearsome fighter.
- Equipment. As a monster hunter, Geralt has an extensive arsenal of weapons at his disposal. From swords and axes to crossbows and unique gear available only from the finest crafters, the tools of Geralt’s trade allow him to deal death in many ways. The wide variety of armor available to Geralt absorbs both physical and magical attacks, thereby delaying the witcher’s own demise, while potent blade oils and bombs give him an extra edge in combat. Thanks to his training in alchemy, Geralt can gather rare herbs along his path and use them to brew special, highly toxic concoctions. His potions would kill any ordinary human, but Geralt’s mutations let him metabolise them. They grant him abilities that include seeing in the dark, moving faster, striking with added force and much, much more.
- Monster Hunts. Geralt is a bounty hunter, an apex predator in a world gone wrong. In a monster-infested world he is a necessary counter-balance. His main task is to eliminate creatures that pose a threat to society. Hunting monsters is his business – and there’s always plenty of work. Monsters come in all shapes and sizes, and while some are members of broader species, others are one -of-a-kind. To face the latter, extremely powerful or clever creatures, you’ll embark on special quests to learn about their fighting style and behaviour. The monster threat is real and strong. Along your path you’ll encounter entire areas overrun by beasts, the humans and nonhumans who once lived there gone. Should you decide to risk death, your job will be to exterminate every last pest and render these places safe once more. Succeed and you’ll see folk return, more than eager to craft and sell you rare, enhanced gear.
- Allies and Enemies. The enemy of your enemy is your friend – you can’t afford to care if they’re virtuous to the core, or ruthless or otherwise vile. Geralt is a professional, and if it helps get the job done, he’ll accept the aid of scoundrels and brutes, as well as sorceresses and jolly dwarves. In his line of work, he can also become a target. Those with different agendas send their spies, assassins, murderers and thugs after him. Since the forces of order generally don’t like witchers, you won’t be able to count on guards or soldiers coming to your aid. You’re on your own – and in for a tough fight.
In a war-torn world, with the Wild Hunt on your back, you’ll take on your most important contract – to track down the child of prophecy, a key and a weapon which can save or destroy all.
- Child of prophecy. In Wild Hunt, you as Geralt embark on your most epic and dangerous journey yet. Your mission – to find the child of prophecy, an ashen-haired girl, a living and highly volatile weapon everyone wants to control. The stakes have never been higher: the Elder Blood flowing in the child’s veins can bring about a final end. The fate of worlds lies with you.
- Plague of the Wild Hunt. The Wild Hunt – for ages the appearance of this cavalcade of ghostly riders in the night sky has presaged war, plague and death. Few know the riders’ true nature or origin, yet fear grips all at their passing. It is believed they steal souls to add to their ghastly retinue. They come at night, in the cold of winter, and the Aurora Borealis always precede their appearance.
- Romance. The world of The Witcher boasts pleasures aplenty. Enjoy yourself in taverns and cabarets, play cards, drink with friends and romance ladies … or stay faithful to the love of your life – the powerful sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg.
- Choice and Consequence. Geralt’s mission will require him to make hard choices. Witchers strive to remain neutral, but often find themselves deciding the fate of others. And rarely are these simple choices between good and evil. In this morally grey world, the choices they make can tip the scales of life and death. Wild Hunt features multiple endings that result from choices you make throughout the game. With three extensive epilogues and multiple world end-states in each, the game delivers unmatched replayability.
Click here to see more.
Please note, an internet connection and Nintendo Switch Online may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the internet before you can play the game.