Experience survival horror like never before in the 8th major instalment in the Resident Evil franchise – Resident Evil Village. With detailed graphics, intense first-person action and masterful storytelling, the terror has never felt more realistic.
The next generation of survival horror rises in the form of Resident Evil Village, the eighth major entry in the Resident Evil series. With ultra-realistic graphics powered by the RE Engine, fight for survival as danger lurks around every corner.
Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the all-new storyline begins with Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully in a new location, free from their past nightmares. Just as they are building their new life together, tragedy befalls them once again. When BSAA captain Chris Redfield attacks their home, Ethan must once again head into hell to get his kidnapped daughter back.
You must utilise numerous weapons and items against aggressive adversaries and add tools to your artillery for situations outside of battle.
- The Onslaught. Resident Evil games have always been about escaping extreme situations. Take down aggressive foes with your own hands.
- Weapons. You can allot weapons to quick slots so you can instantly change weapons depending on the situation.
- Defence. Guard against attacks to reduce enemy damage, then kick the enemies back.
Keeping track of your healing items and ammo is incredibly important for survival horror. Stay well-stocked for the battles ahead.
- The Merchant. Purchase weapons and items from the Duke. He can even improve your weapons for you for a price.
- Inventory Management. What weapons and items should you keep on you? Managing your inventory could be the difference between life and death.
- Crafting. Combine herbs and chem fluid to create first aid med. You can even obtain more recipes to craft a variety of ammo.
Resident Evil Village is set in a “village” resting in the shadow of an ancient castle.
- The Village: Delve deeper into the village in which Ethan finds himself. Take a closer look at a map with the four crests, the settlements the villagers reside in, and many other locations outside of the castle.
- Lycans. Ferocious creatures which have made the village their nest. They nimbly stalk the villagers with sharp tooth and claw.
- The Settlement: A settlement is Eastern Europe, isolated from the rest of the world.
- The Castle: Where the mistress of the castle, Dimitrescu, and her daughters reside. The villagers live in fear of what’s inside.
The Mercenaries is an action-packed additional game mode, which is playable after completing the main story. Fight waves of monsters from a first-person perspective.
How Do You Play The Mercenaries?
Put simply, The Mercenaries has one simple rule: reach the goal before the time runs out. But to do that you need to defeat the enemies in each area. The better you do, the higher your score.
You can find bonus time orbs within each area to give you more time to take down creatures.
How far can you get?
Strategies for Each Stage
Pick the perfect weapons for each stage, create the best combo of abilities, and match your abilities to your fighting style! The Mercenaries offers a wide range of different strategies to suit your play style.
- The Duke’s Emporium also makes an appearance, meaning you can purchase and upgrade weapons between areas.
- An array of abilities are also available! In each area you can find abilities which improve your movement speed, your guard strength, and even your firepower.
Take on Even Bigger Challenges!
The difficulty ramps up with every stage, so you’ll have to brush up your skills, hammer out those plans, and fight until the last stage. A special reward is waiting for people who finish the final stage.
Click here to see more
Please note, an internet connection and Xbox Live Gold may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the internet before you can play the game.