Enjoy the home Nintendo console gaming experience, even without access to a TV. Nintendo Switch can transform to suit your situation, so you can play the games you want, no matter how busy life may be.
It’s a new era where you don’t have to adjust your lifestyle to play games – instead, your console adjusts to fit around your lifestyle. Enjoy games anytime, anywhere, with anyone!
Three play modes on Nintendo Switch
- TV mode. Gather around a big screen and enjoy gaming with a crowd. Dock your Nintendo Switch to enjoy HD gaming on your TV.
- Tabletop mode. Share the screen, share the fun. Flip the stand to share the screen, then share the fun with a multiplayer game.
- Handheld mode. Carry around a large, beautiful display anywhere you go. Pick it up and play with the Joy-Con controllers attached.
Nintendo Switch has a controller on each side of the console that function together: the Joy-Con. If you attach the two Joy-Con to the Joy-Con grip, it will work like a traditional controller, and without the grip they work as two individual, fully-functioning controllers.
- Share the fun with Joy-Con. By handing one of the Joy-Con to a friend, you can play competitive or co-operative multiplayer anywhere.
- A sense of touch that goes beyond mere vibrations. Imagine the Joy-Con is a glass containing ice cubes. With HD rumble, when you move and tilt the Joy-Con you can feel the ice cubes clanking around. There’s one, there’s another … HD rumble feels so realistic that you can even tell how many cubes there are, almost as if you’re actually holding a glass in your hand.
- Sense shape, movement and distance. The IR Motion Camera in Joy-Con (R) can detect the shape, movement and distance of objects captured by the camera. For example, it can recognise the shape of players’ hands, such as when you make a rock, paper or scissors. This feature can also open up new experiences like Nintendo Labo (sold separately).
Link up to eight Nintendo consoles for multiplayer
- Local co-op. Play on the big screen at home with friends. Additional controllers (sold separately) may be required.
- Local wireless. Players can sync together up to eight Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite consoles to play competitive and co-operative multiplayer games.
- Online multiplayer. With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can play with friends far away and players around the world, access a growing library of classic NES games with added online features, enjoy exclusive offers such as TETRIS 99 and Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers, and more!
From the HOME Menu, you can start games and select game settings. In addition to managing friends and user accounts, you can also change your system settings here.
Main features of the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu
- Nintendo Switch Online. Access a variety of Nintendo Switch Online services, read the the latest news about related titles, and check your membership status.
- News. The latest news about games will be delivered to your Nintendo Switch.
- Nintendo eShop. Find and buy digital versions of full games and DLC.
- Album. Easily take and save screenshots or video clips from select games using the Capture Button. Then view, edit and share to social networks from your album. You can also transfer them wirelessly to a smart device.
Click here to see more.