Dedicated to handheld play
The console for gamers on the go.
Nintendo Switch Lite is a compact, lightweight addition to the Nintendo Switch family, with integrated controls.
Nintendo Switch Lite supports all Nintendo Switch software that can be played in handheld mode. It’s great for people who have lots of opportunities to play outside, and also for anyone who wants to play online or local wireless multiplayer with friends or family who already own a flagship Nintendo Switch console.
As a dedicated handheld gaming device, Nintendo Switch Lite does not support output to a TV.
It’s easy to take your favourite games with you
Nintendo Switch Lite can play all Nintendo Switch software that supports handheld mode.
Features that require additional Joy-Con controllers on Nintendo Switch Lite
If a game supports Joy-Con functions such as HD rumble, IR Motion Camera and Joy-Con motion sensors, some features will not be available using Nintendo Switch Lite alone. Joy-Con controllers (sold separately) are required to use these features.
A Joy-Con charging grip or flagship Nintendo Switch Console is required to charge Joy-Con controllers. These products are sold separately.
Games that can be played on Nintendo Switch Lite if you have additional Joy-Con controllers
For games that support tabletop mode, players can wirelessly connect Joy-Con controllers (sold separately) to Nintendo Switch Lite and enjoy theM(with some restrictions as listed).
Link up to eight consoles for multiplayer
- Local multiplayer. Players can sync together up to eight Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite consoles to play competitive and co-operative multiplayer games.
- Online multiplayer. With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can play with friends far away and players around the world, access a growing library of classic NES games with added online features, enjoy exclusive offers such as TETRIS 99 and Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers, and more!
From the HOME Menu, you can start games and select game settings. In addition to managing friends and user accounts, you can also change your system settings here.
Main features of the HOME Menu
- Nintendo Switch Online. Access a variety of Nintendo Switch Online services, read the the latest news about related titles, and check your membership status.
- News. The latest news about games will be delivered to your Nintendo Switch.
- Nintendo eShop. Find and buy digital versions of full games and DLC.
- Album. Easily take and save screenshots or video clips from select games using the Capture Button. Then view, edit and share to social networks from your album. You can also transfer them wirelessly to a smart device.
Using Nintendo Switch Lite as a second console
Information about transferring your download software and save data between consoles.
How to play download software on multiple Nintendo Switch consoles. Download software can be downloaded and played on multiple Nintendo Switch consoles that are connected by the same Nintendo Account.
How to transfer save data between multiple Nintendo Switch consoles. You can use the “Transfer Your Save Data” feature to transfer save data between two Nintendo Switch consoles.
Please note: this feature is not compatible with all software.
Click here to see more.