Hustle by day and risk it all at night in Need for Speed Heat, a white-knuckle street racer, where the lines of the law fade as the sun starts to set. By day, Palm City hosts the Speedhunter Showdown, a sanctioned competition where you earn Bank to customise and upgrade your high-performance cars. At night, ramp up the intensity in illicit street races that build your reputation, getting you access to bigger races and better parts. But stay ready – cops are waiting and not all of them play fair.
Welcome to Palm City
Palm City is a unique street-racer’s paradise. Daytime is a bright sunny, urban environment. The night is a more dangerous neon playground.
- Own the dark, chase the light. Lay it all on the line in the Speedhunter Showdown and compete to win Bank in race, drift, and off-road events. Then take on the city by night and hit up underground street races to build your reputation.
- Express yourself. Customise your fleet of cars and personalise your identity behind the wheel. Be unique and make sure everyone knows who you are.
- Beat the heat. You’ll have to go out of your way to rile up the cops patrolling Palm City during daylight hours. But after dark, the rules change: a rogue task force comes out to play, and they’re on the hunt for you and your wheels.
Burn all limits
Need for Speed Heat is an adrenaline-fueled, vibrant racing game where the lines of the law fade as the sun starts to set.
In Need for Speed Heat, the lines of the law fade when the sun starts to set. By daylight, compete in the Speedhunter Showdown, a series of sanctioned events where you can earn Bank to customise your personal fleet of cars. When your ride’s styled just right, ramp up the intensity at night. Enter illicit street races with your die-hard crew but stay ready – rogue cops are waiting. Take chances, burn competitors to increase your Rep, and risk it all for underground glory.
- Beat the heat. Cops in Palm City are always on the lookout for reckless drivers. During the day they play by the rules. At night, rogue cops will use any means necessary (from kill switches to copters) to stop you.
- Day shift. You’ll have to go out of your way to rile up the cops patrolling Palm City during daylight hours. They’re more professional and controlled, but push things too far and they’ll pull out all the stops.
- Night shift. After dark, the rules change when a rogue task force comes out to play. Led by Mercer, they’re on the hunt for you and your wheels. It won’t take as much for things to escalate when the sun goes down.
- Heat level. Your Heat level goes up when you break the law. As it rises cops will try harder to stop you – push it too far and they won’t hold back. Lay low in a safehouse or your garage to bank your Rep and lower your Heat level – but make sure you lose your tail first.
- Losing it all. Cops will try and slow you down by boxing you in; if they succeed you’ll get busted and pay a hefty fine in Bank. And lose most of your earned Rep for the night. Your car can only take so much damage, and if you can’t make it to a gas station or your garage in time, get ready to wreck.
- Escaping the cops. It takes brains and skill to outmanoeuvre and outrun the Palm City PD. A quick turn at the right second can send them swerving off in the wrong direction and give you the opening you need to make a hot getaway. Lose all the cops on your tail and you’re home free. During the day an escape means your Heat goes back to zero, and you’re no longer Palm City’s most wanted – at night just make it back to the garage or a safehouse and your accumulated Heat acts as a multiplier on the Rep you’ll earn.
From wild colours to racing stripes to tons of high-performance options, you’ll have everything you need to trick out and tweak your car to match your driving style.
Hustling by day and risking it all by night in Need for Speed Heat takes superior driving skill. It also takes building the perfect high-octane, anything-goes, street-racing machine. Thankfully, you now have more customisation options than ever to tweak and tune your dream car to match your style.
Let’s look under the hood (so to speak) at some of the new features you’ll need to master to own the streets of Palm City.
Choose Your Setup
Every driver has different skills, different styles, and different likes and dislikes when it comes to tuning their car. You now have more options for setting up your car exactly how you want it.
Looking to dial in your ride for a drift event? Need your wheels to grip the tight turns on a slick street? Or do you simply want to build the fastest battlewagon ever seen on the streets of Palm City? In Need for Speed Heat, you can take any car and give it the handling style you like or need. From Grip to Drift to Off-Road. The choice is yours. Whatever you want for your car’s setup, we have you covered.
Swap Engines to Boost Your Car
From the minute you enter the garage, you have tons of parts for building and tinkering with your high-performance car. And, for the first time in a Need for Speed game, you can swap engines to boost nearly every car in the game to the highest rating. By swapping engines, you can transform your battered, beloved, low-rated ride into a high-powered, road-owning filthy beast of a machine.
Night Racing is Risky Business
Winning both day- and night-time events in Need for Speed Heat can lead to new gear. That said, you’ll get better rewards after the sun sets. Keep in mind, however, that night racing is a risky business. How risky, you ask? Let’s just say you can very quickly lose everything if you don’t survive to see the sun rise. Winning some night events can even reward you with unique high-end parts for your car – but you have to get them back to the garage, because if the cops catch up, they’ll take them off you!
In addition to bigger rewards at night, you can also score valuable Heat boosts by hitting cop cars, escaping from the law, and winning races.
Sounds Like Victory
There’s nothing more satisfying than leaving your opponents in the dust with the full-throttled rumble of your car’s tailpipe blaring in their ears.
In Need for Speed Heat, the sound of your car’s exhaust changes based on your engine and exhaust system. And, for the first time in a Need for Speed game, you can customise your exhaust system to create a truly unique and memorable sound.
Whether you blast the competition – and the rogue cops – with a high-pitched whine or a booming roar, be sure to make something they won’t soon forget.
More Ways to Express Yourself
Sure, you need a super-fast car, but you also need to look good while setting the pace. Fortunately, you can customise the look of your ride with a massive assortment of paint and finish options, including combinations you’ve never seen before in a Need for Speed game.
Metal flake. Colour flip. Carbon fibre. Iridescent materials. Gloss, satin, and matte finishes. Come on now, you know you want to look good while earning your rep in the night-time neon playground.
In another first for Need for Speed, you can now customise your character, too. So, when you’re done tweaking your car to perfection, you can craft a character to fit your mood, your style, and the look and feel of your ride.
Create an avatar that no one will forget as you’re making a name for yourself in the street racer’s paradise of Palm City.
Click here to see more.
Please note, an internet connection and Playstation Plus may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the internet before you can play the game.