A spectacular re-imagining of one of the most visionary games ever. Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 rebuilds and expands the legendary RPG for today. Final Fantasy 7 Remake, the first game in this project will be set in the eclectic city of Midgar and presents a fully standalone gaming experience.
The world has fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet’s very life force as mako energy.
In the sprawling city of Midgar, an anti-Shinra organization calling themselves Avalanche have stepped up their resistance. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra’s elite Soldier unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to the group, unaware of the epic consequences that await him.
The story of this first, standalone game in the Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 project covers up to the party’s escape from Midgar, and goes deeper into the events occurring in Midgar than the original Final Fantasy VII.
Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4 Story
Mako – the lifeblood of the planet and the fuel that powers the city of Midgar… By exploiting this resource through their Mako Reactors, the Shinra Electric Power Company has all but seized control of the entire world. A ragtag group of idealists, known as Avalanche, are one of the last bastions of resistance.
Cloud, an elite Soldier operative turned mercenary, takes part in an Avalanche operation to destroy Mako Reactor 1 in the city of Midgar. The bombing plunges the city into fiery chaos. And amidst the raging inferno, Cloud is tormented by visions of a bitter enemy long thought dead.
After this hallucination fades, he meets a young woman selling flowers, who offers him a single yellow blossom. In that instant, a host of swirling shadows surround them. Once more begins a story that will shape the destiny of an entire world.
- Battle System. Assess your enemies strengths and weaknesses, and employ powerful magic and special abilities to fight effectively – such is the guiding principle of this unique system, a mix of traditional command-based Final Fantasy combat and real-time action, giving you the power to choose how you play. As you build ATB charges in combat, you will be able to perform stronger attacks, cast magic, use items, and execute other battle commands.
- Tactical Mode. When accessing your commands menu in battle, time slows down dramatically, giving you the freedom to develop and carry out a plan of attack. Take this opportunity to use your ATB charges to employ a variety of abilities, magic, items, and limit breaks. Adapt to the strengths and weaknesses of your enemies, and take control of the tide of battle.
- Shortcuts. Commands can be mapped to button shortcuts, enabling you to execute them in battle instantly, without having to access your commands menu. Employ your favourite abilities quickly and effortlessly so you can stay in the thick of the action.
- Stagger on Final Fantasy 7 Remake. As an enemy sustains damage during battle, the focus gauge below their HP bar will gradually fill up. When this bar is maxed out, the enemy will become staggered for a short time. During this period, it will not only be unable to act, but it will also receive additional damage when attacked.
- Ally Commands. You can take full control of other party members during battle with the press of a button. And you can also instruct them to carry out certain actions by using the L2/R2 buttons to access their command menus in Tactical Mode.
- Limit breaks on Final Fantasy VII Remake PS4. As you take damage over the course of a battle, your limit gauge will gradually fill. Eventually enabling you to execute powerful abilities unique to each character.
Materia and Summons
- Materia. By attaching Materia to your weapons and armour, you can gain new abilities and customise your characters further. Countless types exist. From those that bestow magical spells to versatile actions. As well as some which enable you to summon powerful beings to aid you in battle. Moreover, some items have linked Materia slots, which allow certain Materia to interact with each other. They will produce unique and surprising effects.
- Summons. When equipped, summoning Materia adds an additional gauge that, when filled, grants you the ability to call forth otherworldly entities. They can fight alongside you for a limited time. These summoned beings possess a will of their own. And will engage enemies independently, culminating in a devastating attack they execute before departing the battlefield.
Click here to see more.
Please note, an internet connection and Playstation Plus may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the game. Internet before you can play the game.