Discover a deeper, highly immersive gaming experience* that brings the action to life in the palms of your hands.
- Haptic feedback. Feel physically responsive feedback to your in-game actions
- Adaptive triggers. Experience varying levels of force and tension as you interact with your in-game gear and environments.
- Built-in microphone and headset jack. Chat with friends online using the built-in microphone or by connecting a headset to the 3.5 mm jack. Internet and account for PlayStation Network required.
A USB cable is not included. To connect or charge the controller, use the USB cable supplied with the PS5 console.
DualSense Wireless Controller Key Features
Heighten Your Senses
Bring gaming worlds to life:
- Feel your in-game actions and environment simulated through haptic feedback.
- Experience varying force and tension at your fingertips with adaptive triggers.
Find your voice, share your passion
- Chat online through the built-in microphone.
- Connect a headset directly via the 3.5 mm jack.
- Switch voice capture on and off using the dedicated mute button.
- Record and broadcast your epic gaming moments with the create button.
A gaming icon in your hands
- Enjoy a comfortable, evolved design with an iconic layout and enhanced sticks.
- Charge and play with a built-in battery and USB Type-C.
- Intuitively interact with select games using the integrated motion sensor.
- Hear higher-fidelity sound effects through the built-in speaker in supported games.
DualSense Wireless Controller Frequently Asked Questions
What does the DualSense controller feel like?
Next-generation haptic feedback replaces the traditional “rumble” feel of previous controllers offering more immersive physical sensations. These sensations are quicker, more precise and much more tactile. The controller gives players the ability to reduce the effect or disable if they desire.
What are in-game examples of the haptic feedback used by the DualSense wireless controller?
The feeling in changes in surface textures playing as Astro in Astro’s Playroom, sensing the direction of attacks in Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales or striking metal against metal in Demon’s Souls
What are in-game examples of the adaptive triggers used by the DualSense wireless controller?
The adaptive triggers, working through the L2 and R2 buttons, give the player the feeling of resistance as you swing through Marvel’s New York in Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales. In the future, this feature could be used to deliver the sensation of pulling a bow string or applying the brake pedal in your favourite racing game.
How do I charge my DualSense controller? How long does it take to recharge?
The DualSense wireless controller can be charged via the USB-C port to the PS5 or the DualSense charging station (sold separately) which allows the charging of two controllers at the same time. Typical recharging time when connected to a PS5 or the DualSense charging station is estimated at approximately three hours.
Can I use DualSense wireless controller as more of a “wired” controller?
Yes, the controller has the ability to operate wirelessly via Bluetooth 5.1 or in a “wired” mode by connecting your controller to the PS5 with the USB cable.
Does the DualSense wireless controller include a built-in microphone?
Yes, the DualSense wireless controller has an integrated microphone array and built-in echo cancellation allowing players to have quick chats with friends without the need to setup a headset. Though if you are planning to talk for an extended period of time, you might want to have a headset nearby such as the PULSE 3D wireless headset.
Does the DualSense wireless controller have a headset jack and what headsets are compatible with it?
The DualSense controller has a headset jack enabling players to plug in a headset, earbuds or another compatible audio device similar to the PS4.
How many DualSense controllers can be connected to PS5 at any one time?
Up to four DualSense wireless controllers can be connected to one PS5 at any given time. When playing with multiple players locally, the DualSense wireless controller’s player indicator (located just under the touch pad) will inform you which player you are.
Can I use the DualSense wireless controller with my PC?
Remote Play on PC supports the DualSense wireless controller via a USB wired connection.
Will the controller be compatible with my PS4?
The DualSense wireless controller is not compatible with the PS4 console.
See more here.
Always update your PS5 system software and the wireless controller device software to the latest version.