The iconic Black Ops series is back with Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War – the direct sequel to the original and fan-favourite Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Black Ops Cold War will drop fans into the depths of the Cold War’s volatile geopolitical battle of the early 1980s. Nothing is ever as it seems in a gripping single-player Campaign, where players will come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths, as they battle around the globe through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters and more.
As elite operatives, you will follow the trail of a shadowy figure named Perseus who is on a mission to destabilise the global balance of power and change the course of history. Descend into the dark centre of this global conspiracy alongside iconic characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a new cast of operatives attempting to stop a plot decades in the making.
Beyond the Campaign, players will bring a Cold War arsenal of weapons and equipment into the next generation of Multiplayer and Zombies experiences.
Welcome to the brink. Welcome to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
Nothing is ever as it seems, as Raven Software brings a gripping single-player Campaign where players will come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths, as they battle around the globe through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters, and more.
The next chapter of the iconic Black Ops Multiplayer experience is here, defined by signature combat, deniable operations, and a connected experience across platforms and generations.
- Deniable Operations: Jump into a realistic and gritty world of off-the-books missions and off-the-record targets. Deniable Operations lie at the heart of this Multiplayer experience to build a unique but pure Black Ops experience with new modes and ways to play.
- Signature Combat: Black Ops Cold War takes that classic Black ops Multiplayer feel and brings it to new heights. Heads up gameplay, automated healing, grounded operator movement plus innovative new systems bring the most cinematic moments to life and results in that signature Black Ops Combat.
- Connected Experience: Black Ops Cold War is set to support cross-platform and cross-generation play as well as cross-progression, breaking ground for the Call of Duty franchise as it introduces the next generation of global combat.
Black Ops Cold War Zombies is set to take veterans and newcomers alike on a bold and terrifying journey that expands on an iconic part of the Call of Duty franchise. This co-op mode includes new ways to progress, classic Perks, and an arsenal of Cold War-era Zombies weaponry that will help survivors dominate the legions of undead.
- Weapons: Utilise Cold War-era weapons and a fan-favourite Zombies arsenal to battle the horde. All weapons have a rarity associated with them and the higher the rarity, the greater the damage.
- Perks + Upgrades: Classic Perks like Juggernog and Speed Cola return, and players can deploy Field Upgrades and craft items that add another layer to squad-based tactics.
- Support Weapons: Deploy Grenade Launchers, Sentry Turrets, Explosive Bows and even Chopper Gunners to deliver a massive power spike when your squad needs it most.
- Connected Experience: Squads in Zombies can be formed across platforms and generations, marking the first time in franchise history this co-op mode is available via cross-play. Players will also advance the Battle Pass with time played in Zombies.
Black Ops Cold War will support and build on the hit, free-to-play experience Call of Duty: Warzone. Like every off-the-books clandestine operation, expect to uncover more secrets, and experience memorable moments as the Cold War heats up across Verdansk (and beyond) in the months and seasons ahead.
Please note, an internet connection and Playstation Plus may be required to play this game. In addition, you may need to update your hardware via the internet before you can play the game.