How to add a child account on your Xbox Onevgstores
Are you considering purchasing the Xbox One for your children? Have you already made this purchase? Are your younger siblings looking to use your Xbox One? Do you worry that they may view contents that are not appropriate for their age? Or that they might use your account to make purchases you didn’t agree to? In this post, we will provide a step by step guide on how to set up an Xbox One for a child.
The Xbox One is more than just for gaming; this powerful console can be used for watching TV, making video calls and many more. With all this potential usage, it has never been more important to ensure that parental controls are put in place so that children are not exposed to contents that are not suitable for their age. In this guide we assume assume that an adult account is already setup on the Xbox One.
- Press the Xbox Button on your controller.
- Go to System, and select Settings.
- On the Accounts option, choose Family.
- Select Add to Family and Add New.
- If they have a Microsoft Account, go to (1) below, otherwise go to (2):
- Sign in using their Microsoft Account email address and password. Follow the steps to set parental consent.
- Press B on your controller, and select create new account and create a new email address/use an existing one to create a new Microsoft Account.
See video below should you require more guide.
In another post we will consider the different parental controls that can be put in place.